Podium Presentations at Conferences
18. Hui-Yuan Yeh, 2022. The desertification of the ancient oases in the Han dynasty and the diseases found in the region. 23rd European Meeting of Paleopathology Association, Vilnius, Lithuania, August 28, 2022 (Virtual conference, upcoming) PPA Programme PDF
17. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Conference on Mogu Bioarchaeology Project, 27-28 May 2021, Lanzhou, Gansu, China. (online)
16. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Chieh-fu Jeff Cheng, ChingJung Huang, Xiaoya Zhan, Weng Kin Wong, Piers D. Mitchell. 2019. Discovery of Eurytrema in a Colonial Period Latrine in Taiwan. Presented at Infectious Diseases: Multi-disciplinary Perspectives Global Health Histories Seminar 132, WHO, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 11 September, 2019. Download PDF.
15. Felicia Beardsley, Hui-Yuan Yeh. 2019. Conveners: Archaeology and Civilization in the Asia-Pacific Realm. 2019 Conference on Pan-Pacific Anthropocene (ConPPA). 14-17 May, 2019. Webpage.
14. Hui-Yuan Yeh. 2018. The desertification of the ancient oases in the Han dynasty (202 BC–220 AD) in Northwestern China. Presented at Department of Geosciences, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, 27 October, 2018. Webpage. Download PDF 1. Download PDF 2.
13. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Qi Feng Lin, Nadiah Haris Hor Suk Yi, Piers Mitchell.2018. The Eradication Campaign Against Oriental Schistosomiasis in China and Neighbouring Regions in the 1940s and 1950s. Presented at ICOPA 2018 (14th International Congress of Parasitology), Exco, Daegu, Korea, 19-24 August, 2018.
12. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Jiun-Yu Liu, Yi-Chang Liu, Chuan-Chao Wang, David Emil Reich.
Ancient DNA (aDNA) Studies of the Hanben People. Poster presented at National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan. 2017 Annual Conference of Taiwan Archaeologists, Tainan, Taiwan, 6-7 July 2018.
11. Hui-Yuan Yeh. 2017. The Different Approaches and Applications of Medical Humanities: Examples from the School of Humanities, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Presented at QS Subject Focus Summit–Medicine Universities Innovating for Future Healthcare, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan, 16th -18th, October, 2017.
10. Hui-Yuan Yeh. 2017. The Expansion of Austronesians and the Challenges. ICAS 10, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 20th-23th, July, 2017.
9. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Selected Poster Presentation (finalist), Biological and Biomedical Science
Session, SET for Britain event, at the House of Parliament, UK
Topic: ‘Detecting Diseases in Past Civilizations: How Ancient Parasites
Could Help Us Fight Modern Allergies’. 2015.
8. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Yu-Pei Chen, Piers D Mitchell.2015. Human intestinal parasites from the Wushantou site in Neolithic Period Taiwan. Paper presented at the 15th International conference of the European Association of Southeast Asian Archaeologists (EurASEAA15), Université Paris Ouest Nanterre la Défense, Paris, France, 6th -10th , July, 2015.
7. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Ruilin Mao, Hui Wang, Wuyun Qi, Piers D Mitchell. 2015. Intestinal parasites from personal hygiene sticks in a latrine at Xuanquanzhi, China, 111BC-AD109. Paper presented at the 17th Annual Conference of the British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology (BABAO), University of Sheffield, UK, 18th – 20th, September, 2015.
6. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Piers D Mitchell, Kay Prag, Christa Clamer, Jean-Baptiste Humbert. 2014. Human Intestinal Parasites from a Mamluk Period Cesspool in the Christian Quarter of Jerusalem: Evidence for Long Distance Contact in the 15th Century AD. Paper presented at the 16th Annual Conference of the British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology (BABAO), Durham University, UK, 12th-14th, September, 2014.
5. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Piers D Mitchell, Aleks Pluskowski, Uldis Kalējs. 2014. Intestinal Parasites in a mid-14th Century Latrine from Riga, Latvia: Fish Tapeworm and the Consumption of Uncooked Fish in the Medieval Eastern Baltic Region. Paper presented at the 20th European Conference of the Paleopathology Association (PPA), Lund University, Lund, Sweden. 28th-30th, August, 2014.
4. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Piers D Mitchell, Aleks Pluskowski, Uldis Kalējs. 2014. Intestinal Parasites in a mid-14th Century Latrine from Riga, Latvia: Fish Tapeworm and the Consumption of Uncooked Fish in the Medieval Eastern Baltic Region. Paper presented at Terra Sacra, the Conference of the Ecology of Crusading. Riga, Latvia, 18th -20th, September, 2014.
3. Hui-Yuan Yeh, Piers D Mitchell, Aleks Pluskowski, Uldis Kalējs. 2013. Paleoparasitology and Baltic Crusading. Paper presented at the 15th Annual Conference of the British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology (BABAO), University of York, UK, 13th-15th, September, 2013.
2. Hui-Yuan Yeh. 2010. An Osteomorphometric Perspective on Sexual Division of Labour of the Nia-sung Culture in the Shih-Chiao Site, Tainan County. Paper presented at the Conference and Workshop of Sitting and Chatting on Peinan Site: A Cross-Border Thinking and Integration of Fields. National Museum of Prehistory, Taitung, Taiwan, 1-2, Dec, 2010.
1. Hui-Yuan Yeh. 2009. Sexual division of labour in the Shih-Chiao site: Interpreting behavior from the human skeleton. Paper presented at the Conference of the Society for East Asia Anthropology (SEAA), Institute of History and Philology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, 2-5, July, 2009.
1. Elizabeth Berger, Jenna Dittmar, Ivy Hui-Yuan Yeh, Ruilin Mao, Hui Wang, Guoke Chen. History of health in the Chinese Bronze Age: Results from five seasons of the Mogou bioarchaeology project. Webpage
2. Xiaoya Zhan, Jing Shao, Yingpei Zhu, Hui-Yuan Yeh, 2022. “It must be painful to walk”—— A case of hip pathology from Central Plains, West Han Dynasty (3rd Century BCE – 1st Century CE), China. PPA European Meeting. 23rd Paleopathology Association European Meeting, Vilnius, Lithuania, August 25-29, 2022 (Virtual conference, upcoming) Download PDF
12. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, Paleoparasitology of China. International Symposium: Current Trends in Paleoparasitology. Institute of Forensic Science, Seoul National University College of Medicine. 2018. Invitation PDF. Newsletter.
11. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, The desertification of the ancient oases in Han dynasty (202 BC–220 AD) in Northwestern China. Workshop on Understanding the Pan-Pacific Anthropocene, Department of Geosciences, National Taiwan University. 2018.
10. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, Early evidence of infectious diseases and early diets along the Silk Road during the Han dynasty. Merlion Workshop: Food processing in becoming modern humans. School of Art, Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University. 2018.
9. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, Reinventing the Academic Medical Career. Kaohsiung Medical University, Office of Global Affairs, Reinventing the Academic Medical Career. 16-18 Oct, 2017 webpage
8. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, The osteological examination of the human sacrificial practices and cranial surgery prior to the early state of ancient China. NTU-KCL Joint Workshop, London. 2017.
7. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Seminar Talk, History of Diseases in China, Division of Chinese, Nanyang Technological University. 2016.
6. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Seminar Talk, Early evidence for travel with infectious diseases along the Silk Road and the osteological examination of the human sacrificial practices prior to the early state of ancient China, Centre for Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS), Nanyang Technological University. 2016.
5. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, Infectious Diseases in the Early Populations in Middle East and East Asia, National Cheng Kung University. 2016.
4. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, Archaeology and Anthropology Research in Northwest China, Needham Research Institute, University of Cambridge. 2016.
3. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Organised Talk, Progress Report of the Archaeological Examination of the Mogou Site, at Gansu Provincial Institute of Cultural Relics and Archaeology, Lanzhou, China. 2015.
2. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Invited Talk, Introduction to Ancient Parasite Studies, Department of Anthropology, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangdong, China. 2013.
1. Hui-Yuan Yeh. Talk, How to Excavate in An Archaeology Site, Anthropology Camp/Summer School for Senior High School Students, National Taiwan University. 2009.